finished within 6 or 8 working days

Personal Certificate Attestation for China

In order to live and work in China, the country’s embassy needs to attest certain personal paperwork and certificates. This authenticates these documents so that they will be accepted by Chinese authorities.

However, this process tends to be drawn-out and confusing, as well as expensive if done incorrectly.

This is why our personal document attestation for China is so useful, authenticating birth certificates, university degrees and passports on your behalf. We also offer an international delivery service to our customers outside of the UK via DHL.

1. Prepare your documents2. Order the service3. Send your documents
3 simple steps
Get started ...

Prepare your documents

Download Application Pack
The following documents are required to complete this service. Please download the application pack to get started.
  1. Your personal documents
  2. The completed GulfVisa document attestation form, which you can download by clicking the 'Download Application Pack' button.

Order the service

You can choose between our fast service, which takes two working days, or our standard service, which takes five working days
All-inclusive GulfVisa price
£ 197.00 
per document
per visa
What's included in the price?
Free UK delivery
Expert pre-checks
Embassy charges
Gulfvisa handling fees
All taxes included
No hidden fees

Send your documents

Either post or drop off your passport & documents to our office in Mayfair, London.
Gulfvisa Ltd
17 Hanover Square
Mayfair, London
United Kingdom
Now just sit tight! We'll be in touch if we need anything else from you.

We provide an all-in-one solution to attest your documents quickly and simply. The three stages, in order, are:

1. Your documents are stamped by a solicitor

2. We take the papers to be verified by the British Foreign Office (FCO)

3. Finally, your certificates get attested by the Chinese embassy in London

The following documents do not need to be authenticated by a solicitor, and will only need to be verified by our FCO & China embassy attestation service:

- Original UK Birth certificate

- Original UK Marriage certificate

- Original UK Death certificate

- Original ARCO UK police clearance certificate

- Original Original Medical reports signed by a British doctor registered with the FCO Legalisation Department

Do I need to send the original document or a copy?

Although a solicitor will usually only stamp a copy of the document, they still must see the original, so it must always be provided as well. The only original documents legalised by a solicitor are non-ACRO police certificates.

If your document is indeed exempt from solicitor stamping, your original will still be stamped by the FCO, as the agency does not accept copies in this instance.

Non-ACRO Police Certificates

Non-ACRO police certificates require attestation from a solicitor before being stamped by the FCO and the Chinese embassy. Please choose the ‘Solicitor + FCO + China Embassy Attestation’ option for these documents.

More Information

Why do I need certificate attestation for China?

Attestation proves that official certificates are legal and genuine within China. The Chinese government will only recognise documents verified in this way.

Who requires certificate attestation for China?

Anyone looking to live or work in China will need to produce documents that have been attested. For example, you could be denied entry to the country without an authenticated passport, while China degree attestation may be required for you to work there.

Which personal documents need certificate attestation for China?

If you are planning to live and work in China, it is likely that the following documents will need to be attested:

  • Passports
  • Driving licences
  • Birth certificates
  • Marriage certificates
  • Death certificates
  • University degree certificates
  • Police certificates (ACPO, ACRO and NPCC)
  • Personal power of attorney (to buy a property)
  • Health certificates
  • School reports
  • GMO products certificates

Which personal documents must be stamped by a solicitor?

  • Passports
  • Driving licences
  • Non-ACRO police certificates
  • Police letters
  • Degree certificates (including PhD)
  • School, college or university letters and certificates
  • Educational certificates (A-levels, O-levels, GCSEs, diplomas, GNVQs and NVQs)
  • Other academic certificates (such as TEFL, TESOL, TESL & Language Studies)
  • Diplomas and awards
  • Teaching qualifications
  • Power of attorney
  • Employment letters
  • P60 tax returns
  • Transcripts of study
  • Membership and fellowship certificates
  • Court documents, such as probates, decisions and decree absolute records
  • Criminal record checks (CRB)
  • No impediment certificates
  • Affidavits witnessed by a solicitor or notary
  • Certificates of good standing from Companies House
  • Companies House documents signed by the registrar
  • HMRC certificates of residency
  • HMRC letters signed by an HMRC officer
  • Certificates of free sale rural payments agency
  • Notary access Northern Ireland
  • Subject access reports

Stay reassured


Fast service

simple 3 step process

Honest & simple

⭐️  ⭐️  ⭐️  ⭐️  ⭐️   (500+ 5* ratings)
Why customers love using Gulfvisa →