Home Visa Services Japan Visa Japan Work Visa

Japan Work Visa

finished in 6 working days

Order Now

Japan Work Visa

UK citizens who need to travel to Japan for work purposes must secure a work visa before they leave. This is mandatory for those who will be undertaking any activities that would be considered work or gainful employment — typically a full or part-time job under contract. Without a work visa, travellers will be refused entry into the country.

GulfVisa’s Japan work visa services can save you the time and effort of applying for one yourself. You can simply sit back and relax as our dedicated team takes care of your application on your behalf.

How to obtain a Japan Work Visa - 3 simple steps

1Requirements for Japan Work Visa

1. A passport that’s valid for at least six months beyond entry date and has at least one blank visa page.

2. One passport-sized photo — this must be taken recently and have a white background.

3. A fully completed and signed visa application form, which is available to print from our pack. The form must be completed in black or blue ink, and any questions which do not apply must be answered with ‘N/A’. The form must also bear the same signature as your passport. Click here for a guide to help you accurately complete your application form.

4. Your original, valid ‘Certificate of Eligibility’ provided by the Ministry of Justice in Japan. The certificate should be provided by your sponsor or future employer in Japan. Note: this certificate is valid for three months from date of issue.

Download Application Pack (forms & requirements)
— OR —
Send the forms & requirements by email:
2Order your Japanese work visa online
All-Inclusive GulfVisa Price: £104.00  
Visa service
No. of Document(s) / Applicant(s)
3Post (or drop off) the requirements to our GulfVisa office:

Important Notice

Within 14 days of moving into an address in Japan, work visa holders — excluding those with 15-day and three-month visas — must apply for resident registration at a local government office near to where they are living.

Further details: click here.


Musicians, performing artists, or other members of their touring party, including non-performing members accompanying them — like tour managers or sound technicians — must obtain a Certificate of Eligibilityto apply for a visa. Classical musicians, members of symphony orchestras, theatre groups, opera singers, or professional sportsmen and women who are performing publicly for remuneration, or participating in a competition may apply with alternative documents. Please contact the visa officer before applying for more information.

Further Information

Can I stay in Japan past the visa expiry date?

To remain in Japan for longer than the visa duration, you’ll have to check whether it is eligible for renewal at a local immigration office.

Whe is a Japan work visa valid from?

A Japan work visa is valid from its date of issue, not the date of entry into the country.

How do I obtain a Certificate of Eligibility?

A Certificate Of Eligibility is issued by the Ministry of Justice in Japan. Consequently, you must ask your sponsor in the country — typically your employer — to contact their local immigration office and make an application on your behalf.

The website uses cookies to allow us to better understand how the site is used and enhance your website experience. By continuing to use this site, you consent to this policy. Click here to learn more.